Thompsons Adventures in Europe

This is the place we are going to journal our family trip to Europe. Hope you will enjoy following along and sending us messages.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

Welcome! My name is Karen, initials K.A.T. Join my husband Don and I as we journey around and about.

Thursday, October 12

A post NOT from Karen



So I (and many, MANY pleading looks from my mother) thought that the blog needed an update from a different voice. Here ya go.

You've all read what we have done so far so I'll pick up from there.

DAY 1~

We'll start with the Louvre. Shnikeys...! I pretty much don't need to see anything old or famous again. They had so many famous paintings/sculptures/old stuff that I made the rule that unless it was REALLY famous (think Venus de Milo) or REALLY old (3000 years) I would only pay it a cursory glance. We stayed for 5 hours and saw maybe 1/3 of what they had. They need to share so other museums can have it and other people can see it without being exhasted.

Next stop, Champs-Eleesy (shaun-zal-ee-zay, blame the french) a touristy walk past a bunch of the uber expensive shops in Paris. Nice enough, Hagan-Daaz had it's own bar. The road leads to the Arc de Triumph, we got there just in time to see them renew the flame that burns at the French Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

DAY 2~

We got a bit of a later start today so it was a quick trip through Notre Dame de Paris. Wow. When the French build a church, they don't mess around. I can't describe it so I'll have to show pictures later. It was amazing.

After Notre Dame we all took a walk through the Latin Quarter, I haven't seen that many bookshops in one place EVER. It would have been trouble if I could have read the french. We ended the day on the elevator (well, in the LINE for the elevator) to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Paris' buildings are so close together, I didn't realize how dense the city was until I was above it.

I think that's enough for now. I'll leave something for my mom to post about. Miss everybody! Choir, I know you all are doing well and practicing lots, right? Do you have a replacement yet? No word from Germany, but since we're here I think I'll drop in tommorrow and see if I can't make some waves. ;) Thank you SO MUCH Caroline and I am really sorry I left the music in such a mess. Sorting it was the next thing on my to do list, but then we were on a plane and it was rather a moot issue. I hope you've found everything, if you have any questions let me know. See you all in November!

-N

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home