Thompsons Adventures in Europe

This is the place we are going to journal our family trip to Europe. Hope you will enjoy following along and sending us messages.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

Welcome! My name is Karen, initials K.A.T. Join my husband Don and I as we journey around and about.

Wednesday, September 13

Mom's Not-So-Silent Scream

I'm starting to hit the wall. There's been so much pressure to finish the stuff with the house and the paperwork, the laundry's piled up, no one's had a nice meal in a couple of weeks, I worry about the dog and I'm not getting enough sleep. I ran a 4-way stop tonight that I use every day -- thanks to guardian angels and the person in the car who didn't just go, even though he could have. I've got to settle down...most of the booking is done and what isn't can be handled when we get there. We have some very cool stuff arranged, and time to do cool stuff that isn't arranged. Work has been very mellow, and Don is able to work on the house full-time right now. So, I know it'll all be good, but meantime ... AAHHH!!! So speaking of not getting enought sleep, what am I still doing up at flippin' midnite?! Goodnight -- the one week countdown begins! ~K

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of a very wise person (that would be moi, the pushy oldest sister): Karen - BREATHE! Again - deeper this time - BREATHE! close your eyes. Now - really, really BREATHE!

There now - doesn't that feel better.

Oh - one last word of unsolicited advice: Whatever time you think it is going to take to (fill in the blank), add 50%. It's the Oman Rule. Whatever you have to do, it will either take you twice as long or you will get only half of it done. That goes especially for the trip to the airport. Any airport. Anywhere. Trust me on this.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home