Thompsons Adventures in Europe

This is the place we are going to journal our family trip to Europe. Hope you will enjoy following along and sending us messages.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

Welcome! My name is Karen, initials K.A.T. Join my husband Don and I as we journey around and about.

Sunday, October 1

In Sweden


We have been in Orsa, Sweden for 2 days now and I think we might have gained 10 pounds each...at least. Here is a family portrait...Lili, Ake, Kerstin, Don, Nils, Karen Alan. Ake is my cousin on my father's side & is married to Lili, a woman who cooks up a storm. We have had 3 squares plus "kaffe och bulle" (coffee and pastries) each day and now my pants fit a little more snugly. We have even had moose (hunted by Ake) and horse meat at some meals. Kerstin is another cousin who lived with Karen's family for a time in the 60's. We will really miss the delicious food when we move on. **Kerstin O. and Bibi - I am sending mesmor in a tube, and Salubrin spray, along with some Lackerol and one tube of Senaps mustard as soon as I can get to a post office. *** KRL - I missed sending the postcard from Ireland; maybe I can get it sent this week from Sweden or Amsterdam. Ake and Lili have been so good to us. We hope to find some Svensson family (Karen's moms side) tomorrow. I will hope to post from Stockholm next. It is so good to be with family here; I wish we could stay much longer. But now we are in touch and hope to have lots more visits in the future. Bye for now. ~K

P.S. Keep the comments coming - we really enjoy them!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW! tell Alan I miss him a whole lot, and I miss the rest of you a whole lot too. Glad you're all having a good time!

love,
megan

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - what happened to my last comment?!! @#$% computers!

As I said yesterday - I should have warned you about the 'kaffe och bulle'. Makes a British high tea look like a Weight Watchers meeting. Whipped cream, pastries, cakes, etc. Yummmm...

Ingrid and I will look for your care package. My licking spoon is warmed up and ready. Can't wait!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to be a bit friendlier setting than the rather imposing Irish castle! Happy to hear you all are having fun. Karen, I watched "N.L.'s European Vacation" in your honor the other day . . . glad you ended up with the correct relatives, at the correct house. :)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to have you ask Ake if he's seen any wolves.That is the area of Sweden that they've returned to and are eating moose.
Did you get a chance to see grandpa's place?Hope you got some pictures.
I'm now all done with treatments and just need to see docs.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home